Peers supporting peers
Tippie Thrive is a program that focuses on strategies and programming to improve students' emotional and mental wellness. The mission of Tippie Thrive is to build emotional resilience and student success by providing opportunities for awareness, reflection, education, and support of mental and emotional needs through peer connections.
Tippie Thrive is led by the Tippie Thrive Advisory Board. The board will work to decrease stigma related to mental health, provide learning opportunities and support to students' emotional and mental health. Throughout the year be on the lookout for wellness based events held by Tippie Thrive!
- Kati Schneider - UCS Representative/Tippie Thrive Program Director
- Adrienne Maxwell - UPO Representative/Tippie Thrive Program Director
- Thomas Burgfechtel - Tippie Senate Representative
- Ella Demaray - Member at large
- Patrick Fornatto - Member at large
- Alisa Gandhi - Member at large
- Madisen Jackson - Member at large
- Luke Manley - Member at large
- Rick Marolt - Faculty Representative
- Mckenzie Turner - Tippie Engagement Coordinators representative
Get help now
If you are experiencing an emergency or crisis, call 911 or contact:
GuideLink Center | Adult Mental Health and Substance Use Services: 319-688-8000
UIHC Emergency Treatment Center: 319-356-2233
UCS at 319-335-7294 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to request a quick access or same-day appointment.
UI Support & Crisis Line - We're here for you any time, via chat, phone, or text. In partnership with CommUnity Crisis Services in Iowa City, the University of Iowa provides around-the-clock mental health crisis and support for all students.