Study and Intern Abroad
Study abroad is one option for completing the Tippie RISE degree requirement. International experiences help you observe and understand how cultural norms impact business practices and expose you to new languages, foods, climate, cultural norms, and ways of looking at the world. Business is global and employers look for graduates who are independent, can problem solve, and are culturally competent. Study or interning abroad can help you develop skills employers are looking for while completing required coursework in another country.
Find your fit
There are a wide range of program options for Tippie students. You may consider spending two weeks abroad during winter break or participating in a semester-long program. It is important to tell your academic advisor that you want to study abroad as early as possible so they can work your time abroad into your graduation plan. Click below to start exploring!
Tippie Study Abroad Events
Tippie Study Abroad Fair
Tuesday, January 30 · 11:00AM - 1:00PM, South Galleria S101 PBB
Study Abroad Workshops
Attend a workshop to learn more about study abroad options and find the program that is right for you.
- Tuesday, February 13 · 4:00 - 5:00PM, C106 PBB
- Wednesday, April 10 · 4:00 - 5:00PM, C106 PBB
Study Abroad Student Panel
- Sydney and London Winter Program Student Panel - Wednesday, April 17 · 5:00-6:00 S401
Study Abroad Returnee Events
- Managing Mental Health Post-Study Abroad - Wednesday, February 7 · 2:30-3:30PM C106 PBB: co-hosted by Kati Schneider (Tippie’s embedded therapist)
- Connecting Study Abroad to Your Career - Tuesday, March 5 · 10:00-11:00AM S401 PBB: co-hosted by Tippie Career Services
Funding for International Experiences
Tippie and the UI Study Abroad Office offer multiple scholarships for in-person and virtual international experiences. Click below to learn more.