Support for research and research funding
Find the tools, information, processes, and people to start your research and keep it going.
Need access to research databases or an ID? Search the UI Libraries catalog InfoHawk+. The InfoHawk + search is also on the business library web site.
- Marvin A. Pomerantz Business Library
- Online Journal list
- Business database list
- Research Databases for Business Faculty and Graduate Students. You can apply for your ID to access here as well.
Frank Center writing resources
The Frank Business Communication Center provides summer writing support and instruction to Tippie PhD students after their first or second year in their doctoral program.
The Tippie College of Business requires all PhD students to take the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI Program). All new PhD students take it during their second semester in the program. The University of Iowa, Graduate College and the Tippie College of Business hold their students to a high standard in research, ethics and compliance.
Once completed, please send the score sheet to Renea Jay <link to Renea’s Email>, sharing your percent of pass rate in each part of the training. You need to pass all sections at 80%.
There are only 9 modules in the Social and Behavioral Responsible Conduct of Research
- Log into the citiprogram.org website (using prior credentials)
- Select the University of Iowa institute
- When it shows that there are no Active Courses, and no courses Ready to Begin, scroll down to the Learner Tools section.
- Click “Add a Course”
- Though there will be several enticing/incorrect checkboxes, the one you want is "I am required to complete Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training”, click Next
- Choose Social Sciences RCR, click Next