Before You Go
Whether you have selected your study abroad program or are deciding between multiple programs, it's important to review the courses that have been evaluated and approved for credit at Iowa. If your study abroad program offers transfer credit, please follow the transfer credit instructions. If the program offers resident credit, you will find instructions at the bottom of this page.
If your study abroad program offers a business course that has not been reviewed and approved, you can fill out a course evaluation form at the bottom of this page. Once submitted, the evaluation is routed to the corresponding department for review. You'll be notified when the review is complete.
Transfer Credit Programs
- Go to MyUI Transfer Institution Search
- Type in the transfer institution/study abroad program where credit will be granted. See your study abroad advisor if you need help identifying the institution. Examples:
- IES- Institution for International Educ of Students Barcelona, Barcelona SPAIN
- TEAN: Korea University Seoul, South Korea
- Wells College
- Select the UI College - “Tippie College of Business”
- Select the curriculum area of courses you would like returned - “All evaluated courses”
- Leave transfer department and course blank
- Results will show courses that have been approved for transfer and the equivalency. Your advisor will indicate approval on your Credit Approval Form from the Study Abroad Office.
- If your institution, program, or class has not been evaluated. In this case, you will need to request a course evaluation
Course Evaluation Request
If your institution, program, or class has not been evaluated, you will need to request a course evaluation. You will be notified when your course evaluation has been reviewed.
Resident Credit Programs
Some programs offer residence credit, change their course numbers frequently, or do not assign numbers. These include many USAC and CIEE programs. Email email@example.com for a list of reviewed courses that fall in this category.