A smart business decision maker understands how to make their organization more profitable and productive through the use of technology. With a BAIS major, you can be that decision maker. Open the door to big-time careers where you'll help your company succeed with the power of data.
The Department of Business Analytics won the 2021 INFORMS - UPS George D. Smith Prize, which recognizes programs which seek to strengthen ties between industry and academia.
The prize is awarded to programs for "effective and innovative preparation of students to be good practitioners of operations research, management science, or analytics."
Courses and course requirements
You must take all required courses and two elective courses from the major.
Major required courses
- Computational Thinking
- BAIS Professional Preparation
- Database Management
- Data Wrangling
- Data Mining
- Business Analytics and Information Systems Capstone
Major elective courses
- Business Process Automation
- Accounting Information Systems
- Information Visualization
- Digital Product Management
- Cloud Computing
- Optimization and Simulation Modeling
- Advanced Database and Big Data
- Cyber Security
- Economic and Business Forecasting
- Marketing Analytics
- Computer Science I: Fundamentals
Students are also encouraged to consider courses in the Computer Science and Statistics departments to increase technical skills that employers seek.
Find more resources
We’ve put together a toolkit filled with helpful tips for students interested in learning more about this exciting field. Here you’ll find information on potential careers, descriptions of courses, links to our social accounts, and more.