Only Tippie students can use this form to request the second-grade-only option. College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) and pre-business students must use the process established by CLAS.
Before completing this form, Tippie students should discuss using the second-grade-only option with their advisor and confirm they are eligible to use a second-grade-only option.
A request for a second-grade-only option cannot be processed unless the session in which the course is being repeated has begun. Students admitted to Tippie may use the second-grade-only option on any courses except those numbered over 3005 in ACCT, BAIS, BUS, ECON, FIN, MSCI, MGMT, MKTG, and ENTR.
- You may apply the option to up to three courses.
- The option may be used once per course and cannot be retracted from the record.
- A course taken at another institution may not be used under the option.
- A UI course may not be repeated at another institution under the option.
- If the course was first taken for a grade, it must also be the second time.
- Pass/nonpass courses may be taken for a grade the second time.
- Courses using this option may be taken in any mode of delivery.
- Graduate colleges may recalculate GPA using all grades visible on the record.
If you are using the second-grade-only option, you must register as usual for the course that is to be replaced. After the session has begun, then you should request the second-grade-only option. Once the second grade has been taken, records will be marked with "#" to show that your first grade has been replaced.