The single best way to improve your public speaking and presentation skills is to practice, and Tippie's One Button Studio makes it easy to do just that. Equipped with the latest presentation and recording software, the studio gives you a safe space to rehearse and run through your talks, pitches, and presentations. When done, you'll have a recording of your session that you can use to review and improve your delivery.
Hours of operation
|Monday||10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.|
|Friday||10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.|
Finding the Frank Center
The Frank Business Communication Center is located in the Tippie College of Business Biz Hub, on the 3rd floor of the Pappajohn Business Building. To find us, take an atrium staircase or elevator to the third floor and follow the "Biz Hub" signs. The One Button Studio is located in room C350 within the Frank Center.
Frank Business Communication Center
Tippie College of Business
Reserving the One Button Studio:
- Browse to tippie.mywconline.com
- Register for an account
- Select the One Button Studio schedule from the drop-down menu
- Reserve an open time slot
- Remember to bring a USB drive to save your records to during your designated time
Using the One Button Studio:
- Plug in your USB drive to the Black Control Panel on right side of screen
- Wait for lights and camera to turn on (about 5 seconds)
- Press the "Record" button and wait for it to turn solid red before beginning
- When finished, press the "Stop" button
- Wait for the small green light to stop blinking before removing USB drive (5 - 30 seconds)
Record a test presentation first
- Close the door and turn the lights to halfway
For PowerPoint presentations:
- Play slideshow on Presentation Desktop
- Use a large font (minimum 40-point)
- Use a dark background with light font
To review your recording:
- Remove USB drive from Black Control Panel
- Insert the USB drive into any computer
- Find the "StudioStation" folder on the USB drive
- Open the MV4 file to review
Watch this short video for tips to make your One Button Studio visit effective and efficient.
About Bill O'Meara
Funding for the One Button Studio was made possible thanks to the estate gift of William “Uncle Bill” O’Meara (BBA50) to the Department of Accounting. A World War II veteran, Bill O’Meara attended the then-UI College of Commerce following his military service. After graduation, he worked for Price Waterhouse, and retired as an executive with John Morrell & Co. Bill is remembered by his network of family and friends as a generous man with a sharp sense of a humor, and a kind heart.
Thanks to generous donations from donors like Bill O'Meara, the Frank Center and the Accounting Writing and Communications Program are able to give communication training for Tippie students.